Friday, September 23, 2016

Perspective





Perspective
By Chuka McCoy


Hi there
It is nice to meet you
You don’t know me but I have heard a lot about you
The question I have for you is
Is it better?
Is it better for you to spend billions of dollars
On advertisements set to divide this world
This land and the people that live on it
Than to use it to better each of those things
To shine a light throughout the land
Bring peace and treat people
Like people
Well you might say
It’s not my job to do that
I understand but we all do our part
To help people in our own way
The fact is it would be cheaper for you
To increase minimum wage throughout the land
Than to bend people into your way of thinking
You will still be rich
But you would be twice as rich
And your soul will shine from it
We know that you have the basketball
But there are plenty of people on the court
Ready to play
And competition is always a good thing
So is sportsmanship   

No comments:

Post a Comment